How the Earth Wins This Election
Election 2020 Climate Actions & Resources
1. Talk to someone you know in a swing state or district about why climate is such an important issue to you.
- Locate swing states: https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/electoral-college-interactive-maps
- Locate swing Senate (and House) seats: https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate-election/
- League of Conservation Voters environmental voting scorecard: https://scorecard.lcv.org
- Environmental talking points for key Senate seats: www.ofamarin.org
- A conservative way to talk climate: https://republicen.org/climate-science
2. Phone, text, write or email people in swing states or districts to help Get Out the Vote (GOTV) in this climate-critical election.
- Marin Democrats Office, 1344 4th St., SR: www.marindemocrats.org
- Marin Republicans Office, 4340 Redwood Hwy, SR: www.maringop.org
- Sunrise Movement: https://www.sunrisemovement.org/endorsements
- Environmental Voter Project: https://www.environmentalvoter.org/events
- Norcal Blue: https://norcalblue.org
- OFA Marin: https://www.ofamarin.org/fight-for-fair-legislative-district
- Voter Participation Center: https://www.voterparticipation.org
3. Write or call the Presidential Debate moderators, talk shows, or news outlets insisting on coverage of how candidates will solve the climate crisis.
- Debate moderator names and demand for climate questions: https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2020/09/house-democrats-demand-climate-be-a-centerpiece-of-the-2020-presidential-debates/
- PBS: http://www.pbs.org/about/contact-information/
- NPR: http://help.npr.org/customer/portal/emails/new
- SF Chronicle: http://www.sfgate.com/submissions/
- Marin IJ: [email protected]
4. Contribute time or money to climate candidates.
- Give Green: https://www.givegreen.com
- Sustainable Energy & Environment Coalition (SEECPAC): http://www.seecpac.org
- Climate Hawk: http://climatehawksvote.com/endorsements/endorsements-2020/
- NextGen Climate Action: https://www.mobilize.us/nextgen/?tag_ids=34
5. Visit the website of a Lead on Climate partner group to learn more ways to help the Earth win this election – and move climate action forward.
- OFA Marin, mobilizing for action around progressive issues: https://www.ofamarin.org
- Sustainable San Rafael, advocating climate action at city hall: https://www.sustainablesanrafael.org
- Citizens Climate Lobby, building political will to address climate change: https://citizensclimatelobby.org
- Sierra Club Marin, voting green in Marin: https://www.sierraclub.org
- 350 Marin & Bay Area, grassroots activists working to avert the climate crisis: http://350bayareaaction.org
- Sustainable Marin, climate action countywide: https://www.sustainablemarin.org
- Resilient Neighborhoods, less carbon, more community: https://www.resilientneighborhoods.org
- Drive Clean Bay Area, an EV in every garage: https://drivecleanbayarea.org
- Golden Gate Electric Vehicle Association, the most effective way to cut GHG: http://www.ggeva.org
- Shore Up Marin, dealing with sea level rise in frontline communities: http://www.shoreupmarin.org
- Marin Conservation League, State and local climate advocacy: http://www.marinconservationleague.org
- Marin School of Environmental Leadership, the future of climate action: https://www.thesel.org
- Environmental Forum of Marin, education for action: https://marinefm.org